The Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, February 16, 2008

God Will Support us-Bible Study !

If God is willing to enter you into His perfect plan for your life, if God is willing to anoint you with His power in order that you can become very successful in that call, and if God is willing to protect you and support you as you embark on that call - but then you refuse to follow the leadings of His Holy Spirit on a daily basis - then sooner or later God will pull back His anointing, His support and His protection on your life - and you will then end up falling all the way down to the bottom of the mountain, possibly never getting another chance to climb that mountain again.

Just as a car needs all four of the above factors in operation in order to be able to drive you and get you to where you want to go with it, in the same way we have to have all of God's guidance, protection, support and power flowing through our lives if we are ever going to be able to leave any kind of personal mark in this world in the divine assignments that He will be calling us to do for Him in this life.

Here are 20 very powerful verses showing us the extreme importance that we learn how to be led by the Lord through the Holy Spirit on a regular-daily basis.

  1. "For as many are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God." (Romans 8:14)
  2. "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord ..." (Psalm 37:23)
  3. "O Lord, I know the way of a man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps." (Jeremiah 10:23)
  4. "There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
  5. "A man's steps are of the Lord. How then can a man understand his own way?" (Proverbs 20:24)
  6. "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)
  7. "Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me." (Psalm 119:133)
  8. "Therefore be followers of God as dear children." (Ephesians 5:1)
  9. "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." (John 10:27)
  10. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5)
  11. "The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake." (Psalm 23:1)
  12. Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go." (Isaiah 48:17)
  13. "Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation ..." (Psalm 25:4)
  14. "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye." (Psalm 32:8)
  15. "Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies." (Psalm 27:11)
  16. "The Lord will guide you continually ..." (Isaiah 58:11)
  17. "For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death." (Psalm 48:14)
  18. "Moreover You led them by day with a cloudy pillar, and by night with a pillar of fire, to give them light on the road which they should travel." (Nehemiah 9:12)
  19. "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way ..." (Isaiah 53:6)
  20. "Therefore you shall be careful to do as the Lord Your God has commanded you; You shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left." (Deuteronomy 5:32)

Notice that in every single one of these verses that we are to follow directly after the Lord and His desires for our life. We are not to follow after our own wills, our own desires, or the wills or desires of anyone else in this life. God, and God alone, is the Captain of our ship and the Shepherd of our souls. We are to follow Him and Him alone, no matter how much someone else may try and persuade you otherwise.

Follow God and the path that He has set up for you to follow in this life, and you will enter into true abundant life on this earth. Follow your own path or the paths of what others will want you to take, and your life will eventually end in corruption and death.

No comments: