The Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jesus and Paul on Jews

JESUS ON JEWS - Matthew 23:33 (NIV)
"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

THE JEWS ON JEWS - Matthew 27:25 (NIV)
All the people answered, "Let his [Jesus'] blood be on us and on our children!"

JESUS ON JEWS - John 8:22-24 (NIV)
This made the Jews ask, "Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, 'Where I go, you cannot come'?" But [Jesus] continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

PAUL ON JEWS - Galatians 3:10-11 (NIV)
"All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.' Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, 'The righteous will live by faith.'"

PAUL ON JEWS - Galatians 6:15 (NIV)
"Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation."

No comments: